Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A new season…

OK…I am now a mom with two children in school 5 days a week!  Excitement for the “extra time” (that really isn’t there as much as I thought it was going to be) and yet amazement at how quickly the time has flown by!  The big “THEY” say that the first 5 years of a child’s life is vital to their development.  I sit and ponder…have I done enough? Have I prepared them and given them the tools they need?

No longer will I be the person who my children spend the most time with in a day.  Their teachers and their friends will become the influences in their lives in many ways. Again I ask? Have I done enough?

I could be rocked by fear. I could be overcome with anxiety. Yet I feel confident that I, with the Lord’s help, have done the best job I could do, to prepare Annie and Nathan for life inside those school walls. Don’t get me wrong…my job is not over…in fact in many ways I know it’s just beginning.  However, I am learning in this new season of my life that God is good and I can have complete faith in HIM. He loves my kiddos even more than I do and already can see the path that is set before them. I am pleased that both of my children have chosen to ask Jesus to be their Savior at an early age…so as they walk in those school doors…I know that they are never alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment