Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My 3rd Grader – Annie

Ready to go with her lunch bag over her shoulder and school supplies in hand…Annie was excited and ready to get to her first day of school!   Mr. Whetzel greeted her warmly at the door to her classroom!

011 013

Smiling from ear to ear the entire morning she settled in to her desk and started putting her supplies in the appropriate places.

014

Annie

  has always been social, ready for school and ready for a challenge. I am praying that this year she will continue seeing school as a place to grow and be challenged.  She has many friends in class with her and I’m sure will thrive in her new classroom! I am also excited that she has Mr. Whetzel as a teacher! He is one of the most organized teachers Annie has had…and I can tell this by the first letter (full of information and detail about his classroom, expectations and what the year will hold for the 3rd graders in his class) he sent home to parents. I love it!

012 

My little girl is not so little anymore. I catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye sometimes and I think, “No way…she’s grown up way too fast!” Well it’s true…she is growing up fast and she even reminds me when I am bemoaning that fact, “Mom there’s no way you can stop it!” True…so very true. The book on top of her head won’t really work.

So I get to continue to support her, help her with homework, hear about all the things going on at school (with friends and the work she is accomplishing), encourage her and love her!  I get to be the one to dry tears when she is frustrated, empower her to always do her best and treat everyone with respect.  Most importantly, I will pray for her and with her!

Life for my little girl will only get messier as she grows up. I only hope and pray that I will be able to continue to remind her of Ammon and my undying support and love for her…while directing her back to her Savior who delights over her!

No comments:

Post a Comment