Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nathan’s first day of Kindergarten

Nathan was very excited to begin school this year! I was so amazed at how confidently he bound down the stairs at his school and went into his classroom. Last year was such a struggle and this year I feel we have a “new boy.” I am amazed at his excitement and eagerness to start! The only thing he tells me he is he is not looking forward to being there every day. I was secretly happy when he asked, “Mom, why can’t I just be at home with you some days?”  Ahhh…despite the whining attitude I get sometimes, he really does like me and enjoys spending his days with mommy.  I have to say I will miss him too…though I am really excited to see him becoming such an independent boy, eager to do well in school and enjoy his time with teacher and friends.

004 

I think one of the reasons he is doing so well this year is because we decided to keep him at the same school, instead of transferring him to public school this year for Kindergarten. He recognizes many faces and had even met his teachers Mrs. Champagne and Mrs. Brown many times before his first day of school.  His class size is 11 students which I think is perfect for his personality…which is a little shy sometimes.

   007008

I am looking forward to seen Nathan grow up a lot this year! I absolutely love being his mom! He amazes me every day with his strong sense of self and determination.  I love that he is creative (whether he is drawing, telling stories or building Legos). Mostly, I love his sensitive heart and the kindness he shows to others. I have a strong feeling that this year will be foundational for Nathan in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment